When you think about the amount of time it takes to write a blog post it would be a tragedy to not use the post in other ways. One thing you might not have thought of is turning a blog post into an infographic.
Why would you want to do this?
Well, infographics are one of the fastest ways to communicate a lot of information with your clients and customers. Plus in the small amount of time you have to capture your audience’s attention an infographic can keep them engaged. Infographics are also great for visual learners.
Here are three steps to follow to turn a blog post into an infographic.
Step 1 – Figure out your blog posts main points.
For this exercise I am pulling information from a blog post I wrote a few years ago called, Why you should use YouTube to market your business in 2018. In case you are wondering, it’s still a good idea in 2020.
My main points in that post are that:
- One billion hours of content is watched on YouTube every day.
- It’s the second most popular site in the world
- Video creates trust with your client and customer.
- It increases your SEO and brings your name up in Google searches.
- If you get enough views, YouTube pays you.
- You can reach a worldwide audience.
Step 2 – Create a catchy infographic
My favourite free sites for infographics are Canva and Adobe Spark. If doing this sparks fear inside you, give me a call and I can train you how to do this or create one for you. A few tips:
- Think about your branding colours and personality when creating the infographic.
- Don’t make your text too small.
- Pay attention to your sizing. Every social media platform uses a different photo size.
- Use icons or charts to visually express your main points.
- If you are using an actual picture in the background, make sure you can still see the text.
- Source statistics with small text.
- Make sure to add your logo or website if there isn’t room.
Here’s what the YouTube blog post looks like in infographic form.
Step 3 – Post away
Some social media sites allow you to share a blog post URL while others do not. Another reason why infographics can be super useful. You can share your entire blog post on some sites and infographics on others with links back to the full post. This way, if you have the same followers on different platforms, they are experiencing the content in different ways.
You can also be proactive and add an infographic to all your blog posts. If you haven’t been doing this you can go back and add infographics to your old posts.
Lastly, you can show infographics and static images in your YouTube videos as well. There are so many options!
Blog posts aren’t dead. If you have read this far you have to agree. Neither are infographics. Consider adding them to your content today.
Enjoyed my blog? If you feel so inclined you can now buy me a coffee! This allows me to keep sharing all this great information with you. You can also follow me to learn about new offers. Thank you for your support!