When I sit down to create something for a client, there are lots of thoughts running through my mind. The writing has to be good. That is a given, and I talk more about that here, but there are other things to consider too.
I don’t currently have a florist as a client but if I did, read on to see what the process would be before sitting down to create any content for their business.
What is their story? Stories are how we communicate, and we all have one. What is their businesses story and how can that be used to create compelling content.
- They have loved flowers since they were a child.
- They love seeing things grow and how with time and patience, water and sunlight they can transform.
- They are fascinated by colours and beauty.
- They like how flowers and plants make people smile and feel good.
- They love how flowers are present for the most important celebrations in someone’s life.
What are their business goals? Goals are essential for growth. If a company can clearly define their goals they will see more success. Our florists goals are:
- To become more visible within their community.
- To grow the business’s revenue by 15%.
- To become the florist of choice for weddings.
- To be seen as an expert in floral arrangements.
Next, we look at what is the competition doing and what is their target market?
- How many florists are in the area they serve?
- Who is their direct competition?
- What is their competition currently doing with their marketing and how can they set themselves apart?
- What audience do they want to target?
By step four we are now ready to put together a marketing plan for our florist. Outlining things like:
- What is the content marketing strategy?
- What content will need to be created?
- When will content be rolled out?
- How long will the campaign run?
- What metrics will determine it’s success or failure?
It’s here, all the way down at the end that the creation process begins. Creating things like:
- Social media posts
- Press releases
- Blog posts
- Email marketing
- Books and how-to guides
- Website content
- Audio content
- And lots more!
Now for some clients, this is where they contact me to create their content, but I still want to make sure that I have all the details above before I start working on their content. I wouldn’t be helping them to the best of my ability if I didn’t consider all of my client’s business objectives before doing so. This is where the strategist comes to life.
I want the best for my clients. Whether I am devising their entire marketing plan and rolling out a campaign or simply creating content that moves their business forward I do so with integrity, expertise, and excitement.
Creating content for you is what gets me jazzed up! And when the results pour in, there is nothing sweeter. Need help? Get in touch today!